The AIWF educational mission is vibrant and strong: our chapters offer more than 300 programs each year, reaching out to thousands of members and non-members. Our passion for food and wine is incorporated into thought-provoking seminars, unique educational opportunities and specialized events, all designed to explore and celebrate the many aspects of wine and food.
Days of Taste® is our signature program, reaching thousands of fourth and fifth grade students each year. The hands-on experience between local chefs and children creates a foundation of knowledge to appreciate fresh food, local ingredients, and how they weave their way through daily life, from farm to table.
The AIWF Scholarship program is our opportunity to give back to the community, and support individuals interested in the culinary arts and oenology.
Other innovative and exciting programs include:
- Symposiums on taste and a healthy diet
- Regional or varietal-specific wine tastings
- Behind the scenes tour of a local, organic farm
- Ethnic pantry-tasting series
- Preparation and presentation of food
- Understanding our eating habits
- Proper table etiquette
- Wine tastings in private cellars
- And many more!